Java EE Project (EAR, WAR – Local Deployment) with IntelliJ IDEA and Maven
Setting up a Java EE project with IntelliJ is a trivial task. Getting a multi-module setup to work properly with quick deployments and maven builds is not at all a trivial task.
- A multi-module project with at least a web module, an ejb module and a common module with shared code to be used by ejb/web
- Maven building ear file.
- Easy deployment to local app server (Glassfish and Websphere Application Server)
- Quick compiles and hot swapping of recompiled code into running app.
- EJB 3.0 (not 3.1)
This is how I created my project using IntelliJ IDEA 10 Ultimate edition:
1. Create modules:
- Create EJB module named ‘ejb’ and add EJB facet. Don’t “Fix” javaee.jar yet!
- Create Web module named ‘web’ with Web facet. Don’t create any artifact yet. Move and rename web folder within web module! Give…
View original post 411 more words