I just loved starting Python Programming in Linux with the free JetBrains PyCharm Community Edition Python IDE! You can download it from here > https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/
- Intelligent Editor, Debugger, Refactorings, Inspections, VCS integration
- Project Navigation, Testing support, Customizable UI, Vim key bindings
Installation Instructions (from JetBrains site)
- Copy the pycharm-*.tar.gz to the desired installation location
(make sure you have rw permissions for that directory)
- Unpack the pycharm-*.tar.gz using the following command:
tar xfz pycharm-*.tar.gz
- Remove the pycharm-*.tar.gz to save disk space (optional)
- Run pycharm.sh from the bin subdirectory
NOTE: PyCharm on Linux doesn’t need special installation or running any installation script. It runs out of the pycharm-*.tar.gz
Provides valuable and easy debugging insight by integrating with the PyDevDebugger !
Thank you JetBrains ! Love your Software!
Proud to be IntelliJ IDEA User too !